Monday, September 27, 2010

Wafflepress Ad

My final Ad for Wafflepress. The imagery behind "breakfast" is meant to evoke the feelings and sentiment of one's favorite breakfast spot. Initially, I thought something more along the lines of
Waffle House, but I decided that I wanted to show that the type could have a more special, quaint feeling. (Everyone has their special little breakfast place that's better than your special little breakfast place.) The image is also meant to highlight the typeface and make it pop out, not to draw attention away from it. Also, I wanted the food to be eaten, not beautifully presented and untouched. I wanted you to feel satisfied after having eaten a hearty breakfast. Maybe you're still sitting around the table, enjoying the atmosphere, sipping your coffee, and talking about all the great design you're going to do today.

1 comment:

  1. Just like the typeface itself, the tagline also rises to this occasion: Clever! Very nice work with the copy, as well as with the background picture. Fits in very well.

    Now that I'm seeing this, it's making me hungry for breakfast...the food not the typeface. LOL :)

    Awesome work Jon!

    ReplyDelete