Thursday, September 23, 2010

5 Pieces From Last Year (Week 1)

















These are a few of my favorite designs from last year. (1) The Book cover is a much more dynamic representation of the content of a book (which is truly a science book for rock musicians) than the original cover. (2) The Apple Festival poster is a successful marriage of the "country" feel of the festival with a fresh, modern, updated appeal. (3) The Taster's Choice look was brought up-to-date. If I was to work any further, I might include more design on the inside carton. Then again, I would probably click "don't save" when I closed it. (4) The Wine Tasting Journal was a great project because I learned the art of hand-binding a book. (5) My stationary set for The Vineyard Wine Market was meant to look professional, sophisticated, and fun. (6) These print ads for The Vineyard Wine Market were one of my favorite projects to work on because of the seemingly endless possibilities to poke a little fun at wine tasting descriptions.

Undoubtedly, if I revisited any of these projects, I would find something to work on, or change, or add, or remove. Although never fully satisfied with my work, I am quite pleased with all of these and would generally not make any readily noticeable changes. I may nudge an object or type window a tick or two.

(Previously posted Aug 26, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment